By Patricia Bianca S. Taculao
The global rise of temperature is a growing problem that will have severe effects to the world’s population if not given proper attention. Fortunately, many people are doing what they can to help lessen the impact of climate change.
While some companies or brands have taken large steps such as substituting reusable bags for plastics, there are small acts that can be done to play a role in fighting climate change.
Here are some of them that you can try out:
- #2minutesolution – Following its name, take two or a couple minutes out of your day to collect as much litter as you can for recycling.
- Green Home – Switch your home to green energy for a more practical and environment-friendly way of living. There are numerous green-energy companies that have a wide variety of home products to choose from.
- Eat Green for a Day – Other than it promotes healthy eating, it also lowers the already high demand for meat.
- Choose Reusable Over Disposable – Plastic takes years before it deteriorates. Most of the time, it even ends as more trash! Rather than using plastic made items for your everyday use, opt for reusable one to cut back on the trash and even on the price of what you usually pay for.
- Don’t Leave A Paper Trail – Living in the digital age has its perks–all you need is to make the most out of your gadgets. Lessen your paper use to leave the trees to their job of absorbing carbon dioxide and converting them to oxygen.
- Save Water – This is already a common practice but still relevant. Avoid wasting water by keeping the faucet closed when not it use, checking the pipes for leaks, and recycling water for later use.
These ideas are only some of the things you can do to fight climate change. There are still many out there that you could try. And with every attempt done by more and more people, the threat of climate change won’t be as harsh as predicted.